The Asylum Seeker and Refugee Assistance (ASRA) program brings together several organisations to support asylum seekers and refugees on temporary visas in Queensland. The program aims to support clients' wellbeing, build capacity, provide basic financial assistance to those without income and develop collaborative community efforts to sustain asylum seeker support.
As part of the ASRA program, RAILS provides legal advice and legal support coordination at the following locations:
- ACESS Logan: every wednesday from 12pm to 2pm, at St Pauls Community Centre, 3 St Pauls Drive, Woodridge (access via carpark off Talganda Street)
- Indooroopilly Uniting Church: every Thursday from 2 pm to 5 pm, at 74 Station Road, Indooroopilly
- Gatton: last Tuesday of each month from 12 pm to 4 pm, at 49 North Street, Gatton
Other organisations providing services at these locations are:
- Red Cross: emergency relief and case coordination
- Multicultural Australia: employment support and ASRA hub coordination
- QPASTT: mental health support
- WWG: health advocacy and nurse case management
- HART4000: housing support
- IUC: IUC hub and volunteer coordination
You can find more information about the ASRA program here.
This program is funded by the Queensland Government through the Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs.
For more information about free legal assistance for holders of temporary forms of protection, visit TPV/SHEV Conversion | Refugee and Immigration Legal Service (rails.org.au)