Family Violence


People experiencing family violence who have applied for a partner visa do not need to stay in their relationship to be granted permanent residency.

We provide legal advice and assistance to people who are no longer in a relationship with their sponsor for a partner visa and have experienced family violence, have a child of the relationship, or when the sponsoring partner has died.

If you think that we might be able to help you, please fill in our self-referral form and email it to You can also call us on (07) 3846 9300

For agency referrals, please fill in our referral form and email it to us at 

You can find information about family violence and visas in our education resources.

We are grateful for the assistance from agencies and professionals whose expertise we rely on, and who work with us to support the client through the visa application process.

You can help people experiencing domestic violence rebuild their lives by supporting our work. Please consider making a donation to our unfunded  projects.