We provide free immigration advice, legal assistance and legal education to immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers in Queensland.
Established in 1980, we are a leading non-profit organisation that strives to empower migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and their families.
We provide free legal advice in immigration and refugee matters.
We also take on legal casework in a variety of matters, including :
- Protection Visas
- Refugee Family Reunion
- Family Violence and visas
- Temporary Protection Visas (TPV) and Safe Haven Enterprise Visas (SHEV)
- Community Support Program (CSP)
We build community awareness about the law through our legal education program:
- Continuing Professional Development
- Worker training: we increase the knowledge and capacity of service providers about laws and policies as they affect refugees and migrants.
- Schools: in partnership with Milpera State school, we have developed the 'Law Rap' program which uses music, role plays, and English language activities to educate about the legal system, human rights, consumer law, family, relationships, violence, police, and the courts.
- Legal clinics for law students: we have well developed partnerships with education institutions to provide placements for legal clinic students.
We strive for a better, fairer legal system through:
We are accredited with Community Legal Centres Australia and a member of Community Legal Centres Queensland (CLCQ).
Have a look at our Strategic Plan and find out about our vision, mission and values.